National Pledge of India

Indian National Pledge

The pledge was originally composed in Telugu Language by writer Pydimarri Venkata Subba Rao in 1962. It was first read out in a school in Visakshapatnam in 1963 and was subsequently translated into various regional languages

India is my country.
All Indians, are my brothers and sisters.
I love my country and, I am proud of its rich and varied heritage.
I shall always strive to be worthy of it.
I shall give my parents, teachers and elders respect and treat everyone with courtesy.
To my country and my people, I pledge my devotion.
In their well being and prosperity alone; lies my happiness.

Jai Hind!

Guidelines for Usage

  1. The National Pledge is recited in schools during assemblies, during the Independence Day, and Republic Day Observance Ceremonies.
  2. It is a traditional and lawful ceremony.
  3. Must be respected and followed by all Indians.

Reference

1. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Pledge_%28India%29
  1. "Nalgonda re=140".
  2. 3."The 'Pledge', now 50, is the pride of Telugus!". The Hindu. September 14, 2012.

 

Comments

  1. Good Balaji, I am appropriating your efforts.....Great Job.....Keep Posting................

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment